Film – Week 7 – Tools, Time, and Rooms

CreativeCommons image Tool Stash by Meena Kadri at Flickr.com

SUMMARY

• Essentially, we went through the Sneak on the Lot beginner course, and learned some things there. Afterwards, we were to be creative, and think of a screenplay.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

• A crash course that goes over the basics of Davinci Resolve. Although I’m already familiar with it, it’s nice to go through the basics once in a while.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Image from sneakonthelot.com/my-courses/
  • Sneak on the Lot:
  • Theater: It’s explained on to navigate this site, how reviewing, the scoring, etc.
  • Fade In: An application on how to write screenplays easier. Giving things like Scene Headings, Action, Character, Dialogue, etc.
  • The Game: Essentially the “scoring” of Sneak on the Lot. How people review your work gives you “fame”, this fame is given based on certain film challenges.
  • Challenges: Challenges to incentivize users to want to make and enter their films. There’s also a quiz that has to be taken afterwards.

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• For a story, I feel like if I were my own protagonist, I would honestly be my own nemesis. It wouldn’t be much of a story about winning something, but so much as just going through days. Considering social distancing (as a setting), there wouldn’t be many characters. It would mostly be a story of motivation on doing things.